Excitement is rife throughout the 4×4 community. An impressive 60 vehicles have entered Land Rover AFRICA Magazine‘s SEA of SAND Challenge at Melkbos 4×4 Track this coming Saturday. Four-by-fours of every shape, size and brand will go head-to-head against one another with amazing prizes up for grabs.
Here’s what competitors can WIN:
- Canon EOS 700D double lens camera kit
- Tailored vehicle seat covers from Cover-Worx
- TWO 30L waterproof backpacks from Overboard Africa
- Canon Powershot SX60 HS digital camera
- Spare wheel cover from Escape Gear
- TWO 20L duffle bags from Overboard Africa
- Canon Powershot SX60 digital camera
- TWO Jetbeam HR25 headlamps
- TWO waterproof smartphone cases from Overboard Africa
- TWO Land Rover Experience vouchers
- TWO Falken Tyre hampers
- Spare wheel carrier from Outland
- Roverland parts and servicing voucher (R1500)
- Terrafirma suspension voucher from LR Service Centre
Important information for participants/spectators:
Please note that participants caught drinking and driving will be disqualified immediately. If you’d like to bring some beers to quench your thirst post-event, you’re welcome to bring some along and consume it once the driving is done. No alcohol will be sold or served at the Melkbos 4×4 Track. Please note that we advocate responsible drinking, and we would love everyone who compete or spectate to enjoy the day and get home safely.
Please take the time to read our events’ rules and regulation and to sign our indemnity form. There will be indemnity forms made available at the event too. Melkbos 4×4 Track also offers one-hour guided quad bike tours (R195 for children, and R325 for adults). For the kids, there’ll also be a huge jumping castle. We ask that children under the age of 16 are accompanied by an adult when entering the 4×4 circuit – for their own safety.
Melkbos 4×4 Track will be selling hamburgers, hot dogs and boerewors rolls and plenty of soft drinks. However, there are NO card facilities available, so bring enough cash along. Although we’ve maxed out on the participation list, there are still plenty of spectator tickets available at the door (R20).
Land Rover AFRICA Magazine will also be selling T-shirts (R180) and multi-functional headwear (R150) at the event, so make sure you grab one! And there’ll be plenty of 4X4 Exhibitors with great deals and specials on offer. Good luck to all our competitors and can’t wait to see you all on Saturday. For any more information, please contact Ange on (021) 555 3577 or email email@example.com
08h00 Gates Open
08h00 – 09h00 Registration for 4×4 Challenge
09h00 Driver’s Briefing
09h15 – 16h00 4×4 Challenge starts
16h30 Prize Giving
17h00 Rugby: Lions vs. Brumbies